McAfee activation (mcafee.com/activate) is a process to access all the premium features that are provided by the McAfee subscription you have purchased. In order to activate your McAfee subscription, you must have an activation code. McAfee activation keycode is a 25-digit alphanumeric code that works as your account’s identity. Before you initiate the activation process, you first have to locate the keycode. Following are the locations where you can find it:
Purchase Confirmation Mail
McAfee sends a purchase confirmation mail to its users on their registered email address when they make a purchase from the online store. This email address will contain an activation code.
On purchasing the McAfee subscription from a retail store or a third party, you can see the activation code on the retail card. You will find this card inside the McAfee purchased box.
In your McAfee account, you can find your McAfee keycode. For this, sign in to your account and after that, you will find your keycode below the “My Account” option.
Procedure for McAfee Activation- mcafee.com/activate
- First and foremost, open a web browser on your computing device.
- Then, you have to move to the McAfee activation window by typing “mcafee.com/activate” in the address bar. You must carefully enter the URL and then press the Enter key.
- After that, you are required to enter the 25-digit activation code in the empty field. Carefully enter the activation code.
- Next, click the inverted triangle and choose the country you are living in from the drop-down menu.
- Once you are done with making the desired selection, you have to click the “Submit” button.
- In the next window, you will be asked to Mcafee Login to your McAfee account. The email address you provide must be associated with McAfee.
- Thereafter, press the “Next” tab to proceed further with the mcafee.com/activate process.
- The next step is to enter the password that you have created for your McAfee account. Passwords are case-sensitive, hence you must be very careful while you enter it.
- In case your email address is not associated with McAfee, then, McAfee will use that email address for creating a new account. Hence, for account creation, you will be asked to perform the following functions:
- First, you have to create a password for the security of your McAfee account. Make sure that the password you create must be 8 to 32 characters long. Along with that, it must also include at least one of each uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number, and a special character.
- Then, re-enter the password in the next field for confirmation. The password you provide must match the one that you have created above.
- Once you are done with reading the documents, you have to come back to the activation window. Further, click the “I Agree” tab to continue with the mcafee.com/activate process.
- Thereafter, a popup box will display on the top-right corner of the mcafee.com/activate screen. Through this pop-up box, McAfee will ask you to save the Mcafee Account login credentials on your system. This will help you in saving your time of entering the credentials every time you try signing in. However, this is recommended only on using the personal computer. For saving the credentials, you have to press the “Save” tab.
- Afterwards, McAfee Auto-Renewal service dialog box will display on your screen. Go through the given document and then click the “Continue” button.
- By doing so, the mcafee.com/activate process will get completed. Then, a download link will appear on your screen. To begin the download process, you have to click the link.